For the 2017-18 season this entry portal is the only way by which athletes can enter the Australian Athletics Championships in ANY age group - inclduing all under age events with the exception of the combined events. Details of how the 2017-18 Nationals will work and the various means by which an athlete is eligible to enter can be found on the Athletics Australia website: http://athletics.com.au/
The new system (which was also used last season) requires athletes to enter through the Member Association (ie Athletics Tasmania) of which they are a first claim member, ie the state or territory they represent in national competitions. The only difference in 2017-18 is that due to the Open Nationals being held earlier to accommodate the Commonwealth Games Selection Trials, the open and under age events are being held during separet time periods.
1. Athletes should enter the portal by the entry point which relates to them as follows:
- for those entering an under age event. you must enter through the UNDER AGE EVENTS entry point.
2. Athletes should NOT submit their entries until they are certain of all events they wish to enter. Feel free to begin work on the entries but do not submit until you are sure. The reason for this is that the initial entry point covers the Athletics Tasmania team levy component ($300 for under age athletes) which includes the new AA championships overall entry fee of $20 which is now in addiiton to the $30 paid per event. Please refer any enquiries on this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have submitted and paid for your entries, if you have discovered you have made an error or there are exceptional circumstances whereby you need to delete, change or add an event, you will need to contact the AT office to request the changes be made manually. Because this may involve the complication payment of additional monies by EFT we wish to avoid this if at possible.
Unless there is a clear case of duplication no monies can or will be refunded once paid. In cases of duplication, request for the reversal of the payment must be made to the AT office within 24 hours before the payments system deducts fees etc.
Regardless no changes can be made or additional events entered after the cut-off date set by Athletics Australia which is the day after the Tasmanian Age Champiosnhips finish..
Athletes require a medical certificate if they withdraw after the levy and entry fee is paid. The entry fee will be refunded if the athlete withdraws before the cut-off date of 1 March. After this date, there will be no refunds paid if athletes withdraw for some reason.
3. The entry fee for each Individual is $30. These fees together with the $20 AA fee and the AT team levy are paid by you through your credit card when you hit the submit button and forward your entries.
4. RELAYS - please note that this entry portal should not be used for relay events or as an expression of interest for selection in the Tasmanian teams for the various relay events that will be conducted at the Nationals. Please refer to the relevant Athletics Tasmania relay nomination and selection policy for precise detail. In summary:
(a) Under Age relay teams will be selected after the Tasmanian Age Championships and will be managed by the AT Relay Manager. It is compulsory for all sprinters entering the Nationals to make themselves available for the relay events and to book their flights accordingly.
(b) Other than in very exceptional circumstances, athletes will only be included in under age relay teams if they are participating in the Nationals in an individual event.
5. Age Groups in 2018 - subject always to the relevant Athletics Australia Regulations limiting the entries in various age groups, the following basic age group definitions apply for the 2016-17 Nationals:
Under 14 - born in 2005 or 2006
Under 15 - born in 2004 or later
Under 16 - born in 2003 or later
Under 17 - born in 2002 or later
Under 18 - born in 2001 or later
Under 20 - born in 1999 or 2000 or later
6. For those seeking to enter the Nationals by achieving the relevant event entry standard, the list of standards and the applicable qualifying periods can be found here: Athletics Australia Qualifying Standards
7. The timetable for the 2018 Nationals is different to 2017 as the age and open championships are not being held togther in a single week. Please carefully check the timetable on the Athletics Australia website.